This innovative IT & digital pre-apprenticeship will help you fast track on to an advanced apprenticeship.
9:30am - 4:00pm
The pre-apprenticeship course covers all you need to know to start a career in the digital industry. Upon completion, you can go onto a digital marketer or infrastructure technician level 3 apprenticeship.
After completing the level 2, learners would also then have the option to go onto take more specialised CIM marketing qualifications or a degree in a marketing-related subject.
- Introduction to digital technologies
- Cyber security
- Introduction to supporting users
Web and social media path:
- Principles of web development
- Principles of social media design and create websites
- Hosting an optimisation of websites
- Website testing and support
Network and infrastructure path:
- Networking concepts
- Operating systems
- Further administration
- Principles of cloud computing
- Troubleshooting networks
Additional workshops and master classes:
- Up to 1 week specialised work experience
- Two boot camps with industry experts
Where: The course is based in Manchester City Centre and you will achieve a level 2 technical award in digital technologies.
Start date: September (3 days per week, 6 hours per day)
Eligibility: Must have GCSEs A*-C in maths and English and be aged 16-18 years old
You will receive an allowance of up to £10 per week. There may be additional bursaries that you can apply for.