The site carpentry diploma allows you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in site carpentry.
You will receive comprehensive training in a variety of skills such as manufacturing joinery and site carpentry.
The work is varied and you could work for a joinery company, site carpentry firm or a small building company.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
- Carry out first fix frames, partitions and stairs
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out carpentry maintenance
- Set up and operate a circular saw
Where: The course is based in Trafford Park and you will achieve a level 1 diploma in site carpentry
Start date: August (3 days per week)
Eligibility: Complete initial assessment and interview
You will receive an allowance of up to £10 per week. There may be additional bursaries that you can apply for.