As the engineering sector progresses faster than university degrees can be modified, an Apprenticeship in Engineering is quickly becoming the best and most popular route to achieve skilled status as an engineer.
What can we offer?
- Assessors and trainers with extensive industry experience
- Many specialised pathways at Level 3
- EAL and City & Guilds Approved SkillCentres
- Free minibus service to the Greater Manchester SkillCentre
- On-site subsidised canteen and social learning zones
Who could you work for?
We have placed Apprentices with a range of employers including:
- Torkington Engineers
- Trinity Mirror
- Crest Engineering Company
What will you do?
The activities of an Engineering Apprentice do vary enormously but include activities such as:
- Producing mechanical engineering drawings using computer-aided design
- Welding, fabrication and using other engineering applications
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical developments
- Estimating costs and timescales of engineering projects
- Advanced machining and maintenance
Take a look at what it's like to train at Greater Manchester SkillCentre:
Apprentice Sheet Metal and Fabrication | Tameside | £7280
An opportunity to join a successful expanding company as a Trainee Sheet Metal and Fabrication Engineer.More Details
Electrical Engineering Apprentice | Liverpool | £7371
Working at the University of Liverpool you will be an active participant in the maintenance and installation of electrical equipment. You will work in a wide range of buildings from very old Victorian buildings to housing and brand new buildings.More Details