An Apprenticeship is a real job where you will be paid, and work towards a nationally recognised qualification. The Growth Company is one of the largest providers of Apprenticeship for adults in the North West.
We offer Apprenticeships in the following areas:
- Accounting and Financial Services
- Business and Professional
- Construction Craft
- Construction Mechanical
- Health and Social Care, Childcare and Teaching
- Manufacturing and Logistics
An Apprenticeship helps you to:
- Get a job that has potential to grow
- Earn while you learn
- Build up your skills and experience so you can progress
- Gain qualifications to open up more opportunities
The Apprenticeship qualifications are developed in partnership with employers so you will learn lots of different skills that are valued by employers.
As an apprentice you will mostly learn ‘on the job’ and when you attend your ‘off the job’ training you will gain a deeper understanding of the theory and technical knowledge which underpins your apprenticeship.
Apprenticeships are made up of three major components, which are brought together to make up the Framework:
- A competence element leading to a National Vocational Qualification at level 2, 3 or 4
- A taught, knowledge-based element leading to a qualification usually referred to as a Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills
The Framework is accredited by the awarding body confirming that the apprentice has demonstrated the knowledge and competency needed in the workplace.
Put simply, an apprenticeship is the best way for you to learn the specific knowledge, skills and qualifications required for your chosen occupation along with valuable experience on which to build your career.