The project management industry is a competitive one, so you want to be sure that you and your company are seen as the best in the business.
But what can you do to stand head and shoulders above your competitors? Gaining chartered status is a great way to do just that.
The chartered status was launched a couple of weeks ago, meaning project managers can work towards accreditation in the same way that accountants have long been able to. But why is it worth the time and effort?
In this blog, we’ll tell you how gaining chartered status can greatly benefit all project management professionals and organisations within the industry.
What’s in it for me?
There are so many benefits of becoming chartered. Here are just a few reasons why becoming chartered is a no-brainer for anyone who works in project management:
- An attractive CV – Gaining chartered status will really make your CV stand out from the competition when you’re applying for jobs, as it shows you’ve got a high level of knowledge around best practices in a project management role.
- Improved knowledge – You will learn a lot whilst you work towards your accreditation, and you’ll be able to put it into practice in your day-to-day role. The more you know, the more efficiently you’ll be able to work and the better you’ll be equipped to deal with any challenging situations which may arise.
- Career development – Chartered status will open up a world of opportunities to you, helping you climb the career ladder and secure a position at the top quicker than someone who isn’t accredited.
- International recognition – If you decide to look for work overseas in the future, having those all-important letters after your name to show that you’re chartered will help you to be instantly recognised as a credible candidate.
How can employers benefit?
It’s not just individuals that can benefit from being chartered – there are also numerous positives for employers too. Here’s what you can expect for your organisation once your employees are accredited:
- Being able to easily showcase your high standards in terms of professional practice and ethics
- Being able to attract the best talent to your business
- A framework that will help you to develop and upskill your current workforce
- A motivated, dedicated team who are committed to their professional development
- A competitive edge when trying to win new clients or business
- Increased status within the project management industry and better public perception of your organisation
- Improving your organisation's corporate governance. Highly-skilled, chartered project management professionals can help to ensure your organisation operates professionally, legally, transparently and has controls in place to deal with any project issues
Over to you
If you’re a project manager looking to progress in your career, our level 4 project management programme is a great stepping stone to becoming chartered.
One of our higher standards, it will equip you or your employees with all the knowledge and practical skills you need to really excel when it comes to working towards chartered status.
If you’re looking for a provider to service your project management apprenticeships, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Levy team today: