About this opportunity
This apprenticeship opportunity will involve communicating with customers in relation to repair queries across a variety of platforms. As a member of a core customer-facing team, you will work to achieve excellent levels of service within your role.
A normal day would include the following:
• Answering incoming calls, online requests and internal work tasks relating to repairs and maintenance queries
• Carrying out a wide range of administrative tasks in relation to the repairs service team
• Liaising with colleagues and contactors relating to repairs issues
• Processing all repairs and book appointments using the in-house IT systems
• Providing excellent customer service to a wide range of customers with diverse needs
• Meeting all relevant service standards
• Being pro-active and taking ownership when dealing with all repairs service team queries, including the initial handling of customer issues and working towards a resolution
• Promoting and providing repair services that are accessible, clear and reliable for all customers – including the development of a fantastic digital offer
• Undertaking other work of an equal nature and duties related to the objectives of the post, as directed by the appropriate line manager
Irwell Valley is a dynamic, innovative and ambitious housing organisation that provides services to over 16,000 people across the North West of England. Working from a fun, busy and vibrant office, you will contribute towards the delivery of a key front-line service amongst a hub of activity.
What you could go on to do:
Previous team apprentices have progressed to roles within customer service, building surveying and tenancy management.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
GCSEs A-C/4-9 in maths and English
Excellent IT and communication skills
Strong team-player, with the ability to also work independently
Good maths and English