About this opportunity
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick start your career gaining a valuable qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning. Bolton St Catherine's are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a can do attitude.
You will work with individuals and groups of students under the direction/ instruction of teaching and / or senior staff, inclusive of specific individual learning needs, enabling access to learning for all students. Assisting the teacher in classroom management including pupil behaviour.
A normal day might include
• Acting as a role model and establishing good working relationships with students
• Responding appropriately to individual student needs
• Promoting inclusion and acceptance of all students
• Encouraging students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
• Encouraging students to act independently as appropriate
• Providing clerical/administration support (e.g photocopying, typing, filing, collecting money etc)
• Assisting with the display of children’s work
• Preparing the classroom as directed for lessons and clearing up afterwards
• Utilising strategies to support students in achieving learning goals
• Undertaking student record keeping as requested
• Managing student behaviour in line with Academy policy
• Gathering and reporting basic information from/to parents/carers as directed
The post holder may reasonably be expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time.
What you could go on to do
With experience you could become a higher level teaching assistant or with the right qualifications even train to be a teacher.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
GCSE grade C or 4+ or above in English & Maths
Must be IT literate
Willingness and ability to complete NVQ L2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
Willingness to participate in relevant training and development opportunities
Willing to learn new skills
Pro-active attitude to tasks
Good interpersonal skills
High expectations of all students; respect for their social, cultural, linguistic, religious and ethnic background and a commitment to raising their educational achievements
Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with students, treat them consistently, with respect and consideration and demonstrate concern for their development as learners
Demonstrate and promote the positive values, attitudes and behaviour they expect from the students with whom they work – i.e. Personal integrity and professionalism, positive attitude, hardworking, resilience, team player, excellent attendance, smart appearance
Ability to work effectively within a team environment,
Ability to build effective working relationships with all students and colleagues
Ability to promote a positive ethos and role model positive attributes
Good personal numeracy and literacy skills
Understanding of technology – PC, photocopier, digital media
Interest in working with and/or caring for children of primary age