About this opportunity
An excellent opportunity has arisen at an established, highly successful company for a Plater/Fabricator engineering apprentice. You will be fabricating a comprehensive range of mild steel pipe fittings.
A normal day would include:
• Working on TIG welding of stainless steel to a high standard ensuring that the company processes and procedures are followed
• Fabricating mild steel up to 10m thick
• Developing knowledge of MIG welding
• Developing knowledge of automatic rolling machines and punch presses
• Learning how to manufacture to design drawings
• Proactively getting involved with LEAN QSDIPM KPI’s and LEAN projects
• Assisting when necessary in other departments
• Assisting when required in the movement of materials within the factory
• Maintaining a very high standard of 5S housekeeping at all times
• Ensuring health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
What you could go on to do:
Progress to higher level qualifications and potential to develop within the organisation in the longer term. AVK Syddal are looking for people who want to learn, grow and thrive in the company.
How you will be supported:
Full support will be provided by our Skilled Engineering Assessors and trainers at The Growth Company.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
GCSE grades A-C in maths, English Language
An Engineering qualification would be an advantage
• Strong work ethic
• Exceptional safety and quality awareness
• Mechanical aptitude
• Adaptable to changing schedules
• Exceptional attention to detail]
• Team work
• Ability to follow directions and procedures
• Understanding the application of the tools at hand to maximise the efficiency of the quality of inspections.
• Speaks and writes clearly and informatively, responds well to questions, practices active listening, exhibits discretion.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Able to absorb and process information quickly.
• Is professional, keeps emotions under control, remains open to other ideas
• Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to other views, gives and welcomes honest and open feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests
• Works to fully understand and implement company policies and procedures.
• Is consistent at work and on time, ensures work responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, takes the lead and leads by example