About this opportunity
An excellent opportunity has arisen at an established, highly successful company for a Plater/Fabricator Engineering apprenticeship. You will manage technical queries/enquiries to ensure products are manufactured to the current specifications/costs.
A normal day would include:
• Processing POFs by generating supporting data, get sign off for the Technical Manager and quote price to AVKS Commercial Dept and/or AVK UK
• Managing technical master data in line with the AVK Logical Numbering System including items, descriptions, BOMs, drawings, data sheets and operation and maintenance instructions
• Maintaining consistent Navision data and item card descriptions in line with pre-defined formats outlined with the operating procedures
• Ensuring that supporting documentation packs are available in a timely manner as required from manufacturing flange details drawing and building standard assembly drawing
• Providing a detailed technical response(s) to customer related questions/queries, and log in order to build a FAQs data-base for the website and training purposes
• Assisting with all aspects related with the introduction of new products arranging samples, product testing/evaluation
• Supplying data, drawing and pictures to the marketing/ communications function
• Carrying out product training and demonstrations as required to customers/colleagues
• Carrying out product rationalisation activities at both raw material level and finished product levels with the approval of the Technical Committeefor the management/control/storage of drawings
• The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
What you could go on to do:
Progress to higher level qualifications and potential to develop within the organisation in the longer term. AVK Syddal are looking for people who want to learn, grow and thrive in the company.
How you will be supported:
Full support will be provided by our Skilled Engineering Assessors and trainers at The Growth Company.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
GCSE grades A-C in maths, English Language
An Engineering qualification would be an advantage
• Strong work ethic
• Exceptional safety and quality awareness
• Mechanical aptitude
• Adaptable to changing schedules
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Team work
• Ability to follow directions and procedures
• Good understanding of the application of the tools at hand to maximise the efficiency of the quality of inspections
• Speaks and writes clearly and informatively, responds well to questions, practices active listening, exhibits discretion
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Able to absorb and process information quickly
• Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to other views, gives and welcomes honest and open feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit
• Puts success of team above own interests
• Works to fully understand and implement company policies and procedures
• Is consistent at work and on time, ensures work responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, takes the lead and leads by example.