About this opportunity
Great Places are looking for a hardworking housing administrator to deliver high quality administration for the regional housing team to support efficient and effective working.
A normal day would include:
• Delivering high quality administration for the regional housing team to support efficient and effective working
• Dealing with customer queries at first point of contact through developing neighbourhood knowledge and by developing an understanding of the work of regional colleagues
• Providing support in co-ordinating the activities of a largely field-based team and ensuring safe lone-working practices.
• Supporting the regional team in quick resolution of demands from customers by being present to answer queries in the office when other team-members are field-based, and developing a broad understanding of neighbourhoods with the region, neighbourhood and patch issues and the work of regional colleagues.
• Assisting the neighbourhood services managers with administrative tasks as required ensuring efficient and effective working practices, and freeing up the time of field-based colleagues to provide services in neighbourhoods and customers’ homes. These can include (but are not limited to) advertising properties on online portals, drawing down shortlists, managing lettings enquiries, updating social media, ordering furniture and white goods.
As the neighbourhood administrator your are responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the regional administration processes and providing co-ordination and support to a largely field-based team. In an environment where the majority of colleagues are field-based and focussed on delivering excellent services in customer’s homes and neighbourhoods, you will be the key contact that holds the team together and a consistent, positive presence in the office to provide support to customers and other colleagues.
What you could go on to do:
This apprenticeship position will provide you with the opportunity to complete the required training to become a competent administrator in the housing sector but with solid transferable skills that could be utilised in a variety of roles.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role. The employer will also provide you with a workplace mentor to support your development within the role as well as lots of additional training and development opportunities and enable you to participate in a range of organisational projects to enhance the skills you develop even further.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
• Qualified to minimum GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent in English and maths
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously
• Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships and networks inside and outside of the organisation
• Not afraid to challenge the status quo to identify ways to drive improvements
• Highly organised with an ability to plan, prioritise and manage deadlines
• Acute customer-focus.
• Effective problem solver
• Commitment to work in partnership with others for the benefit of Great Places.
• Ability to work flexibly and when needed outside normal working hours
• An ability to maintain a positive approach throughout periods of change and embrace a continuous improvement culture
• Professional and value led with integrity, inclusivity and respect for diversity
• Have a non-judgemental approach, being respectful of others.
• Resilient and self-motivated
• Experience of collating information in an organised and planned way and presenting this in a way that is easy to understand
• Experienced and effective in building relationships and verbal communication
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to maintain effective communication and information-sharing with a dispersed team
• Ability to complete tasks accurately and manage competing priorities to meet deadlines
• The ability to develop and project a positive image of Great Places through personal, written and verbal skills
• Experience of undertaking administration tasks, preferably in a busy housing/property management environment.
• Proficient in a range of Microsoft Office
• Ability to accurately collect and record data
• Effective liaison with colleagues/other stakeholders to exchange information and resolve problems
• Ability to act as an ambassador for Great Places and the service
5 questions that people like you ask about this role
|Apprentice Finance and Business Administration Assistant|
|Office Business Administration Apprentice|
|Business Administration Apprentice|