About this opportunity
If you are looking to begin a rewarding career within ICT, this could be just the start you are looking for - an Apprentice IT Support Engineer position at the STFC Daresbury Laboratory in Warrington, Cheshire.
A normal day would include:
Working as part of the Digital Infrastructure IT Support team to support and maintain desktop computers, hardware, software and portable devices, whilst providing support and assistant to staff and users throughout the Sci-Tech campus at Daresbury.
Service Desk/ Desktop Support
• Through training to support first and some second line business support as part of service desk team.
• Support the digital infrastructure service desk by call logging, resolution and escalation.
• Assist with the purchasing of new hardware and software applications.
• Provide a variety of technical support.
• To support mobile telephony users.
• Assistance and participation with ICT projects
• Produce clear and concise written operating procedures and support documentation.
• Support user accounts
• Provide good and friendly face-to-face, email, telephone and remote support communication and solutions
• Assist with computer operations procedure (COP) and disaster recovery procedures (DRP) across all computer rooms
• Gain understanding of monitoring systems and learn how to develop further
• Occasional travel between sites – primarily to Didcot, Oxfordshire or UKRI Head Office in Swindon
• The role may require some manual handling of bulky and moderately heavy items.
• In exceptional circumstances, out of hours working may be required on an ad-hoc basis.
How you will be supported
Throughout your apprenticeship you will undertake learning within the Digital Infrastructure IT Support Team as well as other departments and dedicated service providers. You will have dedicated line manager and mentor who will provide advice and support, with additional training sourced through different areas within the department.
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
• GCSE English and Maths A-C / 4-9
• Excellent interpersonal skills (I)
• The commitment and skills needed to be an effective team player in a close-knit team (S&I)
• Experience of successfully working in such an environment (I)
• An easy going temperament, well organised, self-motivated and able to work under pressure (I)
• Experience of PC-based computer systems and applications; (S&I)
• Some knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Products; (S&I)
• Some experience of configuring Smartphones; (S&I)
• Understanding of the importance of IT security (I)
• Sufficient practical skills to do manual tasks such as assemble/dismantle racking, moving awkward/heavy objects and changing power supplies or fans in equipment (I)
• A flexible attitude to working hours and the work you will undertake along with a commitment to meeting customer needs. (S&I)
• A willingness to learn and use new skills. (S&I)
• Experience in using Microsoft application, programming language and web design. (S&I)
• Qualification in a relevant IT field would be desireable, but not essential (S&I)
• Ability and willingness to undertake occasional travel between sites (I)
• The role may require some manual handling of bulky and moderately heavy items (I)