About this opportunity
A great opportunity is available with Kids Around the Clock, a family run business that provides child care services tailored to the needs of the children. They are looking for a Childcare Apprentice to join their team.
A normal day would include:
• To assist the nursery team in providing friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children in our care.
• To ensure that all daily routines are adhered to.
• To plan, organise and carry out planned activities with the children once trained.
• To settle in new children and provide ongoing support, under a key person system.
• To assist in maintaining a safe, clean and tidy play room.
• To participate in team meeting
• Helping with observations and assessment.
• Ensure that you have read and understand all policies and procedures that have been set be the Nursery and implement them.
• To respect confidentiality within the setting.
• To communicate with Parents/carers in a calm, friendly and efficient manner.
• To take reasonable care of yourself and others and to comply with the nursery's health and safety policy.
• To carry out any other duties as required by your team leader, deputy manager or manager.
What you could go on to do
You could progress with the company and complete a level 3 apprenticeship.
How you will be supported
KATC offer a unique support package right from your first day of induction, an interactive “Welcome pack” tailored to each specific site where you can explore and find out where key information is. Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
• GCSE Maths and English A-C/9-4
• A passion for working children
• Good communication skills
• Likes working with a team