Transport For The North are looking for an HR Apprentice. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to develop a career in Human Resources
Support HR & Skills Team activities following guidance from colleagues in order to provide professional specialist support to colleagues. Design and develop materials or provide information for use by internal audiences to ensure they are well informed and equipped.
• Perform a range of standard administrative tasks to deliver a high-quality service and support the smooth-running of the team.
• Maintain an overview of day to day tasks, responding to routine queries from colleagues, customers and stakeholders, taking action and highlighting any important queries to the appropriate team members, whilst maintaining a positive and polite approach.
Advice and Information:
• Review and interpret information, advise internal customers of appropriate action to fulfil procedural and regulatory requirements.
• Data Management, Analysis and Reporting:
• Manage repositories, and independently collate and analyse data using tools, methods and techniques to produce reports to support the decision-making process.
• Maintain database for HR & Skills, including updating from different sources, checking data, collating and supplying information as instructed.
Policy, Process and Systems:
• Monitor systems, processes and practices within area of specialism, plan and carry out regular reviews to identify opportunities for improvement in light of changing needs, feedback and/or current best practice thinking.
• Communicate with a wide range of internal/external stakeholders on area of specialism to ensure they have the specialist information that they need.
• Provide support on project work streams related to area of specialism to support project delivery to time, cost and quality standards.
• Supplier Management:
• Support HR & Skills Team colleagues to ensure the work of contractors and suppliers on a day-to-day basis to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services to TfN.
• Maintain positive working relationships across the organisation and drive consistency of approach and standards to support wider organisational effectiveness
• Develop relationships with other professional specialists and collaborate to deliver solutions that benefit all of TfN.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
GCSE level A - C / 9 – 4 education in English and Mathematics or equivalent.
Computer literacy including a good working knowledge of standard computer software.
• Cultivates Innovation - Creates new and better ways for the organisation to be successful.
• Ensure Accountability - Holds self and others accountable to achieve results, even under challenging circumstances.
• Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Instils Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
• Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
• Action Orientated - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Values Differences - Recognising the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organisation.
• Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
• Experience of organising self and workload to a high standard.
• Systematic approach to task management
• Experience of using software to extract, analyse and report on data, including spreadsheet skills.
• Knowledge of standard office IT systems, equipment and processes with aptitude for learning new IT systems and procedures.
• Ability to communicate/present complex information concisely and to a non-technical audience
• Attention to detail and strong problem-solving and decision-making skills including the ability to identify appropriate HR & Skills related solutions.
• Understanding of HR & Skills related activities including recruitment and selection, people management, learning and development.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team, good interpersonal skills and an ability to build productive working relationships.
A great opportunity providing administrative support to the HR Manager in adopting best practice in delivering an effective, efficient and legally compliant HR service to Directors, Managers, Team Leaders and Team Members.
Are you looking to take your first step into a career in HR? NCC Group are looking for an apprentice to assist and support a well-established HR team within a global cyber security organisation based in the heart of Manchester City Centre.<br><br>
This is the perfect opportunity for an individual to begin their career in HR. This role will provide exposure to the full range of activities that occur in a busy HR department, from recruitment and selection to maintaining HR systems etc.