About this opportunity
This is the opportunity to gain valuable experience working in a purpose-built specialist self storage facility based in Tameside. The Company are seeking a candidate prepared to give a long-term commitment and a good work ethic.
A normal day would include
• The main duties within the department include:
• Transferring materials for manufacturing preparation.
• Producing products by assembly operations.
• Assembling storage areas to specification.
• Receiving and checking incoming materials and goods, booking in and putting away.
• Picking goods for assembly and dispatch.
• Producing and packing goods.
• Basic computer work for recording of goods.
• Keeping work areas clean and tidy.
The successful Apprentice will work with the existing experienced team to learn and develop their skills. They will gain knowledge of assembly manufacturing and areas of warehousing and secure storage; stock control. The role is critical in supporting the success of the business.
What you could go on to do
Progress to learning other aspects of the business
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company in conjunction with the experienced on site team in the business. The Manager is fully committed to full training ensuring a wide variety of tasks are part of the learning experience.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take. We have an initiative through Transport for Greater Manchester that can potentially offer a free refurbished bike and a 28 days bus pass to assist with travel to work for apprentices
What you should have to apply
• A good basic level of Maths and English with clear handwriting
• A presentable person with a desire to learn new skills
• Willingness to work in a hands on role
• Good interpersonal/team working skills
• Dependable and good time keeping are essential
• Positive attitude to work and personal development
• Must be prepared to work in a n industrial environment
• Physically robust to lift large items
• Hard working
• Able to read and understand technical instructions
• Ability to work in a logical organised manner
• Be able to perform duties in an accurate manner
• Good communicator
• Able to work safely and adhere to health and safety requirements
• Prepared to work in hands on in a busy assembly, warehouse and storage environment