About this opportunity
A great opportunity for someone to develop a career in education. Walsall Academy are looking for a Teaching Assistant to work in their Art department.
A normal day would include:
• Maintaining the ceramics area so that we are able to offer students of all key stages a 3D option
• Pugging of clay
• Setting up of lessons for teachers
• Load and empty kiln
• Varnish work
• Apply glazes
• Liaise with staff and students with regards presentation of their work for display. This includes the laser cutting and making of individual frames
• Cut MDF to specified sizes on the circular saw (training is required to operate this machine) for students to paint their work onto
• Mount work for exhibition and moderation purposes
• Ordering and maintaining of stock
• Liaise with various companies and suppliers and maintenance team
• Prepare rooms for lessons
• Ensures that teachers have the necessary equipment and resources to teach their lessons on a daily basis.
• Carry out workshops with students to assist with the making of their presentation boxes, MDF plaques for GCSE as well as assisting students with their individual needs with ceramic work. This has also made a difference to the grades.
• Assist with Key stage 3 Art Club.
• General tiding and maintenance of the whole of the art area, including stock and store rooms.
• Make sure the art area is presentable for visitors.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
• Grade 4/C in English and Maths
• Desirable: qualification in Art
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels
• Motivated and enthusiastic
• Presentable appearance
• Fun and friendly personality
• Reliable and conscientious
• Good organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Good time management skills
• Willingness to undertake any training provided good organisational skills, ability to work on own initiative
• Team player
• Excellent communication skills
• Willingness to undertake any training provided