About this opportunity
Tiddlywinks is looking for Apprentices to join their friendly team at their nursery setting based in Ancoats.
This is a great opportunity with a great employer, where full support, guidance, and great career progression is on offer for the right person. If you are looking to start a career in Childcare, and passionate about working with children, please apply now!
A normal day would include
• To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff
• To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents
• Work alongside parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery
• Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
• Liaise with and support parents and other family members
• To attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings summer fayre, Christmas party, etc
• To be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. cleansing of equipment etc
• Staff are responsible for their own rooms so you are required to keep your room clean and tidy.
Specific Child Care Tasks:
• The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development.
• To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
• Washing and changing children as required.
• Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child.
To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
What you could go on to do
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Skills Company.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Skills Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
GCSE Maths & English A-C/9-4 preferred (to be discussed with applicants)
• Caring attitude
• Pleasant and happy personality
• Fun and enthusiastic
• Always willing to help others
• (the employer may require the successful candidate to complete a traineeship first)
• Team work - support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
• Good communication skills
• Ability to communicate well with adults and children
• Ability to write legibly and good presentation skills
• Computer literate
• Good organisational skills
• Demonstrate creative ability
• Able to keep confidentiality