About this opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity for an apprentice who can rise to a challenging role working and learning skills from a very experienced team, and enjoy being an integral part of the success of this long established international company.
The main purpose of the job
Ensuring products are produced and dispatched on time
Responsible to: Production and Dispatch Controller
Liason with: Manufacturing and Maintenance personnel
Main tasks of job –
• To learn all company production and dispatch processes and support all operators, including packing and working across all departments.
• To ensure orders are assembled, packed accurately and dispatched on time
• Assist with stock control
• Fork lift truck operation – training will be given
• To keep all documentation up to date
• Use of the Sage computer
• Other computer use
• Braider fills
The above is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the organization.
What you could go on to do
Progression within the business dependant on competency and opportunity
Opportunities to work in other departments.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company. A comprehensive training programme will be developed for you to gain skills in all departments of the operating process enabling you to become a skilled operative on completion of the apprenticeship.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take. We have an initiative through Transport for Greater Manchester that can potentially offer a free refurbished bike and a 28 days bus pass to assist with travel to work for apprentices
What you should have to apply
• This vacancy would require someone who is practical and hands on.
• Good Legible handwriting and numeracy skills are required for this position.
• A good standard of GCSE attainment would be desirable.
• Commitment and a willingness to learn is essential
• A presentable person with a willingness to learn new skills.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Dependable, good time keeping
• Flexible and positive attitude to personal development
• Demonstrate effective team working skills
• Must be able to work well in a small team
• Good IT skills
• Good Communicator
• Able to follow concise instructions
• Keen to learn
• Supportive of others
• Able to perform tasks in an accurate manner