An exciting new vacancy has risen within the IT Department of a leading Food Manufacturer. Cranswick Foods are looking to employ a hard-working, technically minded apprentice for their IT team.
A normal day would include:
• Provide first line support and consultancy for incidents and service requests relating to the company’s systems
• Support, monitor, configure and maintain computer systems and networks
• Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
• Hardware/Software Installation including upgrades and repairs
• Administration of users across multiple platforms
• Manage the lifecycle of incidents and service requests, record accurately and ensure prioritization.
• Prioritizing and managing several tasks at one time
• Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with other professionals (e.g., Third party support) in order to make necessary repairs
• Backups and step by step contingency/disaster recovery implementation.
• Roll out of group IT policies.
• Getting involved in projects
• Build effective working relationships internally and externally.
What you could go on to do
Have a permanent position within the Company
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
• 5 A-C GCSE grades (or equivalent) including Maths & English
• Working knowledge of desktop operating systems (Windows 7 & 10) and Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to think around a problem to develop solutions, and use initiative
• Capable of working autonomously when required
• Confident, enthusiastic individual with the ability to manage relationships with customers and internal contacts and continually exceed their expectations with a customer focused attitude
• Comprehensive knowledge of IT systems and procedures
• Must be capable of working accurately and diligently to agreed time scales
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proactive and flexible approach
The IT Support Technician will be responsible for general troubleshooting of computer equipment and for the resolution of general software problems for colleagues.
Are you a creative problem solver? You could be an excellent software developer. This Level 4 Apprenticeship is a unique scheme, delivered by the largest digital and technology trade body in the North West: Manchester Digital.
Great Places Housing Group are looking for an apprentice service desk engineer to provide support to internal customers. You will be on first line support and fixing incidents that can be solved at the first point of contact.<br><br><br>