An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Apprentice. This opportunity will be perfect for someone wanting to start a professional career within the construction mechanical sector and travel to different sites across the North West.
A normal day would include:
Based from the office in Trafford Park.
The role would involve various duties working alongside a fully qualified Electricians which would include:
• installation and maintenance of transformers, alarms and substations.
• Working to install full site distribution of power including mains intake, constructed specifically for each project.
• Planned maintenance of the installation and strip out of the site
• Installation of transformers
• Full site distribution of power – from mains intake to the supply of weatherproof panels. Fully designed and constructed specifically for the project and tested with all necessary electrical test certification
• Installation of H.V substations and temporary generator provision
This will also involve travelling around various sites across the North West so having a driver’s licence would be advantageous.
You would attend college one day per week to complete Installation Electrician/Maintenance Electrician Level 3 over 4 years.
What you could go on to do:
Trainee management qualification, Electrical Design
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
• Grade 4 / C or above in Maths and English essential
• Good communication skills
• Keen to learn
• Punctual with good time management skills
• IT literate
• A driver’s licence
You will be responsible for labouring, housekeeping, installing lighting & power systems, inside/outside lighting, plugs, sockets, wiring, testing & inspection and various cables and ducting across Greater Manchester and the North West.
WMB Electrical and Mechanical Contractors are recruiting for an Electrics Apprentice to join the team and to work on a variety of projects across the North West.