About this opportunity
Business administration is the art of day-to-day office management! Over the course of this apprenticeship you will receive expert training and gain valuable experience, developing a range of skills that will help set you up for a successful career.
Working as part of the fraud team you will provide effective administrative support in our Manchester office.
A normal day would include:
• Keeping our comprehensive filling system accurate and up to date
• Sorting and distributing post
• Preparing files for archiving
• Assist other team members as necessary
• Responding to queries
• General office duties including replenishing office stationary, emptying trays, keeping printers functional
• Performing such other tasks as may be delegated from time to time by your line manager
BLM is an insurance risk and commercial law firm with both a domestic and international focus. They now work with an increasing number of customers, across more lines of business, in more locations throughout the UK and Ireland as well as across the world.
What you could go on to do:
Business administration is relevant to hundreds of job roles - so this opportunity is a great foundation for getting into any industry – from finance and retail, to media and education. You’ll get the business skills and experience employers are looking for to help kick-start your career.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
GCSE English and maths at grade A-C/4-9 or equivalent is preferred but not essential
Confidence with IT
Attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure and to use your own initiative
To work unsupervised
Excellent communication skills
Some typing/excel skills