About this opportunity
UBS are looking for their next group of apprentices. The successful candidates will join a London-based team within a top-tier bank that is a globally-recognised brand. If you’re interested in computer science, this is the role for you!
Compliance and Operational Risk at UBS work to control and challenge the business to prevent errors and misconduct. The chief information security office at UBS has the responsibility for information security, data protection and cyber defence.
In your role you will be:
o Using analytical skills to learn how to evaluate risks to the financial services sector posed by cyber and security threats and providing this information for decision-making purposes in reports
o How to develop effective security solutions to prevent, detect and mitigate cyber attacks
o Understanding how laws and regulations impact on the way we need to operate
o Provide visibility and status updates on a regular basis to senior management and other stakeholders
o Work closely with the other team members and group risk control stakeholders to actively manage day to day activities
o Support the team in collecting critical documents, presentations and other communications and ensuring appropriate messaging to our stakeholders
UBS has over 900 offices in over 50 countries, and have been helping clients for over 150 years.
What you could go onto:
On completion of this apprenticeship you have the opportunity to progress onto higher level programs such as the compliance in financial services level 6 apprenticeship.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
Applicants who meet the entry requirements will be contacted within one week.
What you should have to apply
- B/Level 6 Grades at GCSE maths and English language
- A-levels required: BCC or equivalent (104 UCAS Points)
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence senior management and other stakeholders to successfully support data and analytical improvements
• Someone who is prepared to work hard and is willing to learn
• Be goal-oriented, self-motivated with strong communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Business analysis and problem solving skills
• Demonstrable professional integrity and a strong work ethic
• Comfortable with ambiguity
• An interest in computer science
5 questions that people like you ask about this role
|EMEA Fixed Income, Rates and Credit Apprenticeship|
|Apprentice Insurance Administrator|
|UK Investment Bank Corporate Client Solutions Apprenticeship|