About this opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small successful engineering manufacturing company and become a qualified engineer. You will train to become a uniquely skilled engineer gaining extensive practical and theoretical technical knowledge.
A normal day would include
• Operating conventional lathes and other shop floor machines
• Working through all areas to develop a sound knowledge of the full range of company products and manufacturing processes
• Developing your skills to operate all machines safely and efficiently to produce the complete range of turned components
• Working in conjunction with all internal departments when required to provide assistance in other areas to ensure production is maintained to required levels
• Working correctly at all times to the company environmental, ISO quality and H&S procedures
• Producing and maintaining accurate records
• Demonstrating continual commitment to develop your skills and knowledge throughout your apprenticeship
LDA Chains is a well-established and respected supplier of industrial chains and engineering drive systems to industrial companies both locally and across the UK.
What you could go on to do:
Progress within the company in the longer term. The company are looking for people who want to learn, grow and thrive in the organisation.
How you will be supported:
Full support will be provided by our skilled engineering assessors and trainers at The Growth Company.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any other information you need
• Any Assessments you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
The successful candidate will have achieved GCSE minimum grade C in maths, English and science
Good IT skills with GCSE grade C or the equivalent level of achievement would also be an advantage
A presentable person with a desire to learn new skills
Willingness to work in a hands-on engineering role
Good interpersonal/team working skills
Dependable/good time keeping
Positive, adaptable and flexible attitude to work and personal development
Ability to work in a logical organised manner
Committed to a career in engineering
Good communicator – verbal and written (emphasis on reports and documentation)
Able to work safely in the workshop
Able to interpret drawings and technical information
Ability to work effectively, efficiently and safely to schedules and deadlines