About this opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small engine manufacturing company. You will train to become an engineer, gaining extensive practical and theoretical technical knowledge.
A normal day would include:
• Inspecting and reassembling a range of engines
• Working through all areas to develop a sound knowledge of the full range of company products and manufacturing processes
• Operating all shop floor equipment safely and efficiently to strip down, inspect and rebuild engine assemblies to original specification
• Working in conjunction with all staff when required to provide assistance in other areas to ensure production is maintained to required levels.
• Working correctly at all times to the company environmental, ISO quality and health and safety procedures.
• Producing and maintaining accurate records in accordance with role requirements
• Demonstrating continual commitment to develop your skills and knowledge throughout your apprenticeship
Eurojap is an established and respected supplier of remanufactured engines to companies both locally and abroad.
What you could go on to do:
Progress within the company in the longer term. The company are looking for people who want to learn, grow and thrive in the organisation.
How you will be supported:
Full support will be provided by our skilled engineering assessors and trainers at The Growth Company.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any other information you need
• Any assessments you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
The successful candidate will have achieved GCSE minimum Grade D in maths, English and science
Good IT skills would also be an advantage
A presentable person with a desire to learn new skills
Willingness to work in a hands-on engineering role
Good interpersonal/team working skills
Dependable/good time keeping
Positive, adaptable and flexible attitude to work and personal development
Ability to work in a logical organised manner
Committed to a career in engineering
Good communicator – verbal and written (emphasis on reports and documentation)
Able to work safely in the workshop
Able to interpret drawings and technical information
Ability to work effectively, efficiently and safely to schedules and deadlines