About this opportunity
This is a great opportunity to start a career in health and social care at The Alexandra Lodge Care Centre in Manchester. Full support and guidance will be given by the dedicated team, and there are great progression opportunities.
A normal day would include:
• Working with residents, encouraging choice, participation and motivation, in line with the residents’ needs
• Ensuring the safety of residents at all times, and being familiar with adult protection policies and procedures
• Assisting at meal and snack times and being aware of the individual’s specific meal plans
• Assisting residents with mobility problems in the use of care aids and other personal equipment
• Making and changing beds, assisting in the care of personal clothing, and carrying out light cleaning duties of residents’ rooms to ensure they are clean and tidy at all times
• Assisting the staff with care plans, dressing, bathing, personal care, and to ensure that the resident’s privacy is respected
The Alexandra Lodge Care Centre is a residential care home, providing personal centred care and treatment based on individual needs.
What you could go on to do:
You could progress onto a level 3 advance apprenticeship in health and social care.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
Good level of maths and English
Willing to learn new skills
Proactive and committed to tasks that need to be carried out
Good interpersonal skills
Good time management
Good verbal and written communication
Administration and accurate record keeping skills
Ability to keep calm under pressure
Ability to take instructions and act on them accurately
Ability to use own initiative