About this opportunity
This role will train you to work with production machinery and associated equipment with manufacturing. The role is challenging, offering an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate.
A normal day would include:
• Continually working to develop your skills and knowledge throughout your apprenticeship with the aim of becoming a fully competent member of the team on completion
• Working as part of a team to fulfil targets, according to production schedules and order deadlines
• Following work instructions carefully to ensure products are built to a high quality, and conform to relevant safety standards
• Assembling products that form an essential part of medical gas pipelines
With over 40 years combined experience of company staff within the medical gas pipeline industry, Precision UK Ltd recognises and embraces the specialist requirements of this industry.
What you could go on to do:
There will be the potential for you to progress to achieve higher level industry qualifications. There will also be the opportunity for personal progression to higher levels within the company after showing the expected commitment to the role and organisation in the longer term.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company together with structured in house training from the experienced team on site.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take. We have an initiative through Transport for Greater Manchester that can potentially offer a free refurbished bike and a 28 days bus pass to assist with travel to work for apprentices
What you should have to apply
The successful candidate will have achieved GCSE minimum grade C/4 in maths and English
• Willingness to work in a hands-on practical role
• Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Positive, adaptable and have a flexible attitude to work and personal development
• Dependable, demonstrating reliability and good timekeeping
• Presentable person with a desire to learn new skills
• Ability to work in a logical, organised manner
• Work safely using tools and equipment
• Ability to interpret drawings and technical information
• Ability to perform assembly work in an accurate, timely manner
• Ability to work effectively, efficiently and safely to schedules and deadlines