About this opportunity
Signs Express Manchester has an exciting opportunity for a manufacturing operative. You will be working in production and dealing with operations that cover a vast spectrum of highly specialised skills for a leading signage production company.
A normal day would include:
• Preparing surfaces (‘substrates’) before applying vinyl
• Applying vinyl sheets to a variety of surfaces, which typically include rigid plastics and vehicle bodies
• Using different application techniques depending on the job - ‘wet’ for transparent surfaces such as glass and acrylic sheet where graphics are seen from both sides, ‘dry’ for other surfaces
• Removing vinyl films from surfaces
Signs Express are looking for an apprentice sign maker to work alongside their experienced production staff to learn all aspects of the business including the layout/design, preparation and application of vinyl graphics onto signs, vehicles, windows etc. You will also on occasion be involved with installing signs at customer’s premises plus other duties as required.
Vinyl applicators assemble and apply vinyl graphics for vehicles, signs and banners. Adhesive vinyl is used for all kinds of sign products e.g. taxi cabs, window graphics, customised designs or ‘decals’ for consumer vehicles, and specialist self-adhesive vinyl media such as all-over body graphics.
This is a customer facing role and it is important for the successful applicant to have strong customer service skills.
What you could go on to do:
To learn all aspects of the business and progress within the company.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
• The applicant must have GCSEs grade C or above in maths and English
• It would be an advantage to have work experience in a customer facing role
• The company are interested in applicants who have a good attitude to work and working as part of the team
• Presentable with a willingness to learn new skills
• Dependable and good time keeping
• Flexible and positive attitude to personal development
• Eager to learn
• Motivated self-starter
• Good team player
• Supportive of others
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Mathematical skills are very important for measurements and calculations
• Good spelling and grammar
• Creative flair
• Computer skills
• Must be able to understand work instructions
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Good practical skills
• Capable of working to deadlines
• Good organisational skills
• Able to use own initiative