JA Harrison recognizes that their employees are key to their success and are proud to value and nurture their talent. This is an excellent opportunity to train and learn the 5 departments throughout the production process.
A normal day would include
• Learning and operating the flatbed CNC cutting machines
• Supporting operators in the running of the flatbed CNC cutting machines
• Learning CAD basics
• Learning about material and stock management
• Cutting and tooling using industrial beam presses
• Measuring using a wide range of hand equipment
• Warehouse, inventory management, and dispatch (including export)
• Following all company processes and support all operators, including packing and working across all departments
• Learning all basic lean manufacturing skills such as 6S, waste management, visual management, Kanban, and six sigma basics
J A Harrison is a growing and successful privately-owned company with a number of separate businesses in the UK and abroad, distributing and manufacturing sealing and PTFE / Plastics into various market sectors. JA Harrison welcomes male and female applicants.
What you could go on to do:
There could potentially be opportunities to progress to Team Leader, Sales, Quality Control, Metrology using 3D laser and white light scanning.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company. A comprehensive training program will be developed by the Company and you will be trained to a high level of expertise.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take. We have an initiative through Transport for Greater Manchester that can potentially offer a free refurbished bike and a 28 days bus pass to assist with travel to work for apprentices
Minimum GCSE Grade C/4 achievement in both maths and English
Some competency in ITC would be an advantage
Commitment and a willingness to learn is essential
• Dependable/good time keeping is essential
• A presentable person with a desire to learn new skills
• Willingness to work in a hands-on production role
• Good interpersonal/team working skills
• Positive attitude to work and personal development
• Must be prepared to work in a manufacturing based environment
• Ability to work in a logical organised manner
• Have an Interest in working in a technical production role
• Be able to perform assembly work in an accurate manner
• Good communicator - verbal and written (emphasis on team working skills)
• Able to work safely operating machines and equipment
• Able to read and follow technical instructions
• Prepared to work in hands on shop floor role in a busy production environment
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a company with a proven history of being committed to taking on apprentices, supporting their training to achieve an industry accredited qualification.
Nice Alloys has an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to work with a passionate team of car enthusiasts who strive to bring a factory fresh, eye-catching look to customer vehicles by offering the best solutions for alloy refurbishment.
In this exciting opportunity you will be trained to be competent in all production areas, working closely with existing highly trained staff to learn and develop your skills and gain knowledge of manufacturing operations across the plant.