About this opportunity
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a company with a proven history of being committed to taking on manufacturing apprentices, supporting their training to achieve an industry accredited qualification.
A normal day would include:
• Preparing packaging for the mobile phone industry
• Preparing packaging for cosmetics businesses
• Maintaining strict stock control
• Loading and unloading of vehicles
• Goods receipt and storage
• Picking, packing and despatching goods
• Preparing orders for despatch and meeting deadlines for collection and delivery
• Assisting with full inventory checks in accordance with stocktake instructions
• Ensuring any defects to handling equipment including racking and any other piece of equipment are immediately reported to the supervisor
Progressive 3PL has vast experience in global transport and are innovators in warehousing and fulfilment, utilising the latest in management technology.
What you could go on to do:
The opportunity to be involved in other areas of the business dependant on competency.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company in conjunction with the experienced on site teams in all the departments.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take. We have an initiative through Transport for Greater Manchester that can potentially offer a free refurbished bike and a 28 days bus pass to assist with travel to work for apprentices.
What you should have to apply
GCSE grade C/4 minimum or equivalent in maths and English
• Good customer care skills
• Hard working
• Good work ethic
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Good organisational skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• An ability to work independently and part of a team
5 questions that people like you ask about this role
|Apprenticeship in Production and Recycling|
|Apprentice Welder / Fabrication Production Operative|
|Warehouse and Assembling Parts Operative|