About this opportunity
As a sewing machinist you will be responsible for the manufacture of various products including covers for crash mats, gym mats, mattresses, cushions and body bags. The employer requires the successful candidate to complete a traineeship first.
Using various types of equipment including industrial sewing machines, HF welding machines and cutting machines. You will ensure that products are made to a high standard of output and quality in line with company expectations.
• Product assembly and fabrication of various products for the sports and medical industry
• Sewing and welding covers to production specifications and instructions
• Packing of various products for dispatch
• Ensuring manufacture of the products is cost effective with minimal waste generated
• Completing the necessary paperwork and records
• Maintaining the quality standards agreed
• Working as part of a team to implement the company's policies and goals
• Following health, safety & environmental guidelines
• Carrying out any other responsibilities as reasonably requested by your manager
At all times you must comply with all Health and Safety requirements as instructed on induction and throughout your apprenticeship program and be proactive at reporting potential hazards.
What you could go on to do:
Progression within the company and potential to develop and grow the business further gaining skills in heavy duty sewing.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take. We have an initiative through Transport for Greater Manchester that can potentially offer a free refurbished bike and a 28 days bus pass to assist with travel to work for apprentices.
What you should have to apply
Desirable - GCSE'S grades C's or above or equivalent in mathematics and English
• A presentable person with a willingness to learn new skills
• Dependable, good time keeping is essential
• Flexible and positive attitude to personal development
• Eager to learn
• Supportive of others
• Experience working in a busy manufacturing environment
• Experience in the fabrication of similar products and the use of industrial sewing machines and high frequency welders
• An interest in sewing
• Dexterity in handling and working with the materials
• Must be able to understand work instructions
• Ability to measure accurately is essential
• Good organisational skills
• Able to use own initiative
• Must be able to work well alone and as part of a team