About this opportunity
An excellent opportunity to join a successful forward-looking engineering manufacturing company and become a qualified skilled technical support engineer.
The role includes developing your skills and knowledge in learning how to provide support to all technical, commercial and sales office based activities across the company.
A normal day would include:
• Developing strong practical manufacturing understanding of all shop floor processes
• Learning how the factory works and products are produced in a hands-on production role
• Working alongside uniquely experienced skilled workers
• Developing practical workshop knowledge and skills to gain a good understanding of the manufacturing processes for all products
• Learning to interpret a wide range of technical specifications and drawings
• Becoming competent in the production of technical quotations, manufacturing and quality documentation for customer orders
• Producing and maintaining accurate records in accordance with role requirements
Your aim will be to become fully competent to provide technical support for any area of the business, the potential to grow and develop within the company is encouraged and actively supported to all employees.
What you could go on to do:
Progress to higher level qualifications within the industry in the longer term. The company are looking for people who want to learn, grow and thrive in the organisation.
How you will be supported:
Full support will be provided by our Skilled Engineering Assessors and trainers at The Growth Company.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any other information you need
• Any Assessments you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
• The successful candidate will have achieved GCSE minimum Grade C/4 in Maths, English, Science and IT
• Knowledge and experience of computer packages is required
• A presentable individual with a desire to learn new skills
• Willingness to work in a hands-on engineering role
• Good interpersonal/ team working skills
• Dependable/good timekeeping
• Positive, adaptable and flexible attitude to work and personal development
• Willing to work in a variety of shop floor hands on manual roles
• Commitment to develop your skills and knowledge throughout your apprenticeship
• Ability to work in a logical organised manner
• Committed to a career in engineering
• Be able to produce engineering documentation in an accurate manner
• Good communicator – verbal and written (emphasis on reports and documentation)
• Good telephone manner
• Able to work safely in the workshop and in physical manual work
• Able to interpret drawings and technical information
• Ability to work effectively, efficiently and safely to schedules and deadlines