On this course, you will gain the skills and knowledge to achieve the IMI Level 2 Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities and IMI Level 3 Electric/Hybrid/Vehicle Repair and Replacement qualifications.
These are delivered over 3 days at our state-of-the-art Skillcentre in Trafford Park, Manchester.
This training is funded by Greater Manchester Combined Authority as part of its three-year Skills for Growth programme, which has been made possible through the European Social Fund.
This course runs weekly. Click on the 'Register Interest' button above and we will contact you with the next available course date.
This course covers:
• Electric/hybrid vehicle system components and operation
• Hazards surrounding electric/hybrid vehicles
• How to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on electric/hybrid vehicles
• Safely preparing the vehicle when carrying routine maintenance (NOT high voltage components or systems)
• Working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle (NOT high voltage components or systems)
• Working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle
• Using information to carry out the task
• Carrying out repairs on high-energy electrical systems
• Recording information and making suitable recommendations
As a result, learners successfully completing these qualifications will acquire significant core knowledge and skills and the ability to remove and replace Electric/Hybrid vehicle high voltage components.
On successful completion, you will achieve the following two qualifications:
Applicants are expected to be Level 3 qualified in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair or have a minimum of 5 years experience of working in a garage environment.
Applicants must also be aged 16+ and be a resident of Greater Manchester OR working for a business based in Greater Manchester.