On this 4-week course, you will cover:
What you need to know to get started - Cyber Security, Information Governance, and platform knowledge.
Session 1 – Legislation
- Understand why information security and its management are important for a digital service organisation
- Recognise sources of threat and risk to digital information and the potential impact
Understands the main provisions of the Data Protection Act, Copyright, IP and consequences of data misuse
- Understands operational aspects of risk including maintaining steady-state/business as usual security principals for individuals and systems including personal data, access, identity management, encryption and passwords.
Session 2 - Platforms rules and market research
- Understand the positives and negatives of platforms including: a) Associated costs
c) What works for the brands' competitors
- How to Identify the Best Marketing Platforms to Reach Your Target Audience
Session 3 - Marketing tools
- Understands audience engagements across all platforms and social channels and what works and what does not for the different audience types
- Understand technologies used in different digital marketing and social media campaigns
- Identify opportunities to exploit an idea across various platforms and recommend the appropriate platform/s or channel/s to be used
Content Creation for Social and Web – The Whizzy Stuff!
Session 1 – Marketing principles
- Understands and has awareness of B2B and B2C relationships
- Understands and recognises key pinch points in that life cycle journey
- Understands the importance of new leads, existing customers, and repeat customer
- Get started with paid ads, social media and email marketing
Session 2 and 3 - Content Creation
- Utilise imaging software to create and edit images as part of digital marketing campaigns
- Explaining the key stages in an end-to-end workflow process for developing creative media content
- Understands how to create a campaign that appeals to a target audience (consider all elements, pictures, infographics, presentations, videos and the next innovative new thing!)
The different styles of writing that can be used according to the type of campaign
- How to establish the appropriate tone of voice for the campaign
- Writing and editing copy for use in print and/or online
Web design: Let’s make your company website.
Session 1 and 2 – Web design
- Introduction to UX design
- Create simple websites for marketing purposes
Session 3 – SEO and Blogs
- Demonstrating how to use search engine optimisation techniques and blog writing
- Describing how to produce content that is focused on maximising engagement with the intended audience
How did it do? The use of data!
Session 1 and 2 – Analysis
How to gather data to evaluate the success of the campaign against your objectives
- Understand the importance of marketing metrics and how to use this to increase digital marketing placement
- Understands the importance of click-through rate
- Understands why blogs and articles are pivotal to the success of your website and increase traffic
- Understands real-time data - positive and negative comments and when to respond
Session 3 – Show and tell- What next?
- Utilising digital processes & systems to drive business productivity – show and tell
- Understands how digital and social media strategies fit together to achieve business objectives
- Understands how to schedule a series of social media posts