This role involves day to day support of the maintenance of the building, grounds and undertaking janitorial tasks relating to the caretaking of the School. This is a physical role, so the candidate must be able to fulfil all aspects of the job.
A normal day would include:
• To undertake and maintain the cleanliness and physical appearance/environment of the designated cleaning area – inside and out following specialist training, where applicable
• Portering duties within and outside the building location making arrangements where necessary for the movement of heavy furniture within the School
• To carry out various maintenance and repairs in the school e.g. redecorating and fixing, gardening and to be responsible for the implementation of a preventative planned maintenance programme in conjunction with the Site Manager
• To assist the Site Manager with specific projects, ensuring school buildings are safe and fit for purpose, including using any specialist skills e.g. joinery, carpentry, building, plumbing to limit where possible the use of outside contractors
What you could go on to do
Facilities Manager, Assistant Facilities Manager, Caretaker Level 3
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
• GCSE Maths and English A-C/9-4
• Friendly and approachable
• Team player
• Good communication skills
• Computer literate
A wonderful opportunity is available at Keenan Properties Group. The Property Maintenance Apprenticeship role involves optimising property condition and quality, and to ensure the building is kept in a safe working condition.
This is an exciting opportunity working for Ashton on Mersey School a part of The Dean Trust. The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day estates and facilities management services.
Broadoak School has a wonderful opportunity for a Maintenance Operations Apprentice. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day estates and facilities management services.