Altrincham Autotecnic in Altrincham have a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated young person to join their company.
To be considered, they are looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years workshop experience who have completed their Level 2 Apprenticeship and are looking at completing or starting their Level 3.
The successful applicant will be expected to learn about the following:
• Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and efficient workshop
• Demonstrate due regard for own safety and that of others in the workshop and minimise risk of injury and vehicle damage
• Carry out fundamental tasks associated with removal and replacement procedures on a vehicle
• Obtain diagnostic and repair information
• Interpret diagnostic information and use electrical wiring diagrams to determine system serviceability
• Use a range of diagnostic equipment
• Follow recognised diagnostic procedures, logical diagnostic sequence and apply advanced diagnostic principles and problem-solving techniques to establish faults
• Report faults using company procedures and recommend suitable further actions
• Follow recognised repair procedures to complete a wide range of repairs including those which involve complex procedures, or in depth knowledge
• Test the function of repaired and fitted components
• Adhere to business processes and complete documentation following workplace procedures
• Use ICT to create emails, word-process documents and carry out web based searches
• Complete a range of services and inspect and prepare a vehicle to the required quality standard for handover to the customer
Successful completion of this apprenticeship will lead to progression within the business
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by our expert tutors and assessment staff at The Growth Company. You will also be assigned a mentor in the workplace who will pass on their skills and knowledge to you.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
• Ideally grades C/4 and above in GCSE Maths and English
• A disciplined attitude is required
• To have a keen & genuine interest in the Automotive Trade
• Be enthusiastic and use initiative at all times
• A minimum of 2 years experience in a workshop is required
A fantastic opportunity has arisen Belle Vue Coaches in Stockport as an apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work for a company with an excellent local reputation.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with Fleetcare Maintenance. Ltd. They need an apprentice HGV mechanic to join the team in their busy workshop in Stockport keeping their Fleet of vehicles on the road.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with Pemberton Tyres ltd. They have a need for an apprentice mechanic to join their team in their busy workshop in Pemberton.