This role offers the apprentice a wide variety and exposure to a range of different skills required to fulfil a number of painting and decorating jobs across a range of properties.
You will learn painting & decorating skills assisting the maintenance team with the upkeep and maintenance of the employer’s property portfolio.
A normal day would include:
• Understand and demonstrate the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
• Comply with organisational safety, policies and procedures and identify hazards and reduce them
• Consider safety compliance with a diverse sector of client groups
• Understand and demonstrate the importance of working safely at height
• Prepare the work area safely providing dust sheets and protection to furniture and adjacent surfaces
• Select, use, maintain and store, paint, tools, wallcoverings, spray equipment, steps, ladders and towers safely
• Identify and rectify common surface coating and wall covering problems
• Types of preparation methods including removal of previous coatings and wallcoverings using hand tools, power tools and chemicals
• Techniques of application by brush, roller, pressure assisted roller and spray application
• Wallpaper using techniques for the hanging of lining paper, standard papers, digital print and wide width including (matching patterns, internal and external corners)
• Understand and demonstrate the safe use of hand tools and power tools
• Demonstrate and understand the importance of the control of resources and stock
• Understand and demonstrate the principles of Planned Preventative Maintenance
• Understand how to prepare for refurbishment or deep clean of equipment and surfaces
• Understand the importance of customer service
• Record and report information accurately either internally or externally
What you could go on to do
Undertake further training such as joinery, tiling, plumbing, decorating and electrical works.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
You will receive mentoring from your workplace line manager in order to help facilitate the development of your skills and abilities in order to achieve your apprenticeship qualification.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
You will need to be able to travel to the first location of the day which is head office or house closest to current maintenance workers address if pick up is required.
The finish time will be 4.30 pm and at the end of the day, the company will drop you at the closest bus/train stop to aid with your travel home.
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
• Minimum English and Maths GCSE at grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent
• Ability to control and influence within remit
• Persuasive influencing skills
• Shows respect for all stakeholders
• Interpersonal Skills
• Take ownership of situations
• Work independently and as part of a team
• Communicates effectively either verbally or in writing
• Problem solving approach
• A drive for efficiency and value for money
• Communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to understand limitations within the role
• Have a flexible attitude
• Commitment to quality and excellence
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Persists in the face of adversity
• Thorough approach to work
• Ownership of work and follow through to a satisfactory conclusion
• Interpersonal skills
• Client/Customer focus and interaction
• Able to live the organisations values
• Ability to create effective working relationships
• Aptitude for problem solving
• Ability to comply with company policies and procedures
Diamond Decorators is a family run business keen to recruit an apprentice who will learn all aspects of decorating and who is able to work to the highest standards.