This is an amazing opportunity to gain high-end engineering skills and knowledge in our leading-edge CNC facility, producing machining time estimations from customer drawings and generate method of manufacture routings for our busy machine shop.
A normal day would include
The role includes
• Produce machining time estimations for senior managers
• Generate method of manufacture routings for our busy machine shop.
• Procurement of specialist materials, tooling and services from our suppliers
• Ability to decipher technical drawings from customers
• Develop further relationships with new and existing customers
• Support our team of highly-skilled engineers based in our machine shop to ensure projects are delivered on-time and meet all our customers exact specifications
• Support with various projects critical to the business to ensure a smooth flow of production within deadlines
Our environment is busy and dynamic and the work diverse, interesting and rewarding. There are small quick turnround jobs through to large turn-key projects, all of which are precision machined and delivery critical.
What you could go on to do:
Career progression opportunities available to become a Senior Methods Engineer after a further 2 to 4 years’ experience, with a salary starting £45,000 pa dependent on experience and ability
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company in addition to the training received on site, to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
• Hold a degree or are set to graduate this summer, ideally in mechanical engineering or a similar engineering course
• Have extra-curricular, hands-on mechanical interests, eg car or motor-bike maintenance, model-making, robotics (all engineering interests are an advantage)
• Sandwich, internship or post graduate experience in industry an advantage
• Excellent communication skills, quality-focused with an eye for detail
• Team player with a positive “can-do” attitude
• Methodical and solutions-based approach
• Comfortable working to systems and procedures, and able to think clearly and independently
• Strong work ethic
• Exceptional safety and quality awareness
• Mechanical aptitude
• Adaptable to changing schedules
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to follow directions and procedures
• Engineering – The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for engineering
• Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and informatively, responds well to questions, practices active listening, exhibits discretion
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation
• Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
• Able to absorb and process information quickly
• Reliability – Is consistent at work and on time, ensures work responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, takes the lead and leads by example
An exciting opportunity is available at Coleherne Ltd in Hyde. The Engineering Support Apprentice will support with orders, interpreting designs and offering a high level of customer service. A great role to kick start your career.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is interested in metal working. You would be working within the fabrication area of our switchgear division with the support of the operations manager and can develop your skills.