About this opportunity
Mister Blister has an exciting opportunity for an apprentice manufacturing operative. The successful applicant will be working in production and dealing with experts in plastic packaging manufacture.
A normal day would include:
• Assisting with the start-up and shut down of the line
• Loading recycled and virgin raw materials onto the feeding towers.
• Assisting with the setting of the machine to produce thermoforming sheet to the standard required.
• Continuously and diligently monitoring the quality of the material produced and regularly carrying out recorded checks on all key areas of quality and output
• Advising the team leader of any areas of concerns
• Unloading and palletising completed reels of material from the machine and completing all paperwork and quality records
• Adopting a ‘clean as you go’ regime that ensures the line and all work areas are kept tidy and free from hazards
• Ensuring all waste material is cleared and deposited in the correct waste and re-cycling bins.
• Carrying out granulation duties on each shift and ensure recycling targets are maintained
Based on a 2.5-acre site on the outskirts of Manchester, Mister Blister is one of the leading manufacturers of thermoformed blister packaging and blister packs in the UK
What you could go on to do:
To learn all aspects of the production business and become an extrusion lead hand or graduate into production management.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company and the skilled production expertise in the workforce.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take. We have an initiative through Transport for Greater Manchester that can potentially offer a free refurbished bike and a 28 days bus pass to assist with travel to work for apprentices
What you should have to apply
The applicant must have GCSEs grade D's or above in
mathematics and English or equivalent qualification
The company are interested in applicants who have a good attitude to work and working as part of the team
• A presentable person with a willingness to learn new skills.
• Good time management
• Adaptability to cope with working on different tasks
• Dependable, good time keeping is essential
• Flexible and positive attitude to personal development
• Eager to learn
• Motivated-self starter
• Good team player
• Supportive of others
• Computer literate
• Must be able to understand work instructions
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Good practical skills
• Capable of working to deadlines
• Communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Able to use own initiative
• Ability to identify safety hazards
5 questions that people like you ask about this role
|Apprenticeship in Production and Recycling|
|Apprentice Welder / Fabrication Production Operative|
|Warehouse and Assembling Parts Operative|