This is a great opportunity to join a finance team with a charitable organisation as an AAT L3 Apprentice. The individual will support the Finance Team in ensuring that all financial transactions are accurate, timely and compliant with good practice.
Please Note: This post has been assessed and confirmed as open to women only under the Equality Act 2010, schedule 9, part 1
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To participate in all aspects of the Finance function as appropriate
• To input data into the accounting software efficiently and accurately
• To assist the Finance Manager with reconciling bank and other accounts monthly
• To assist the Finance Team in ensuring the month-end process is completed
• To assist with the purchasing process and liaise with staff and suppliers
• To support the Central Services Team by performing other administration tasks as may be required
• To follow confidentiality procedures as required by PTMWA and statutory legislation
• To be willing to adopt the organisational values and reflect them in all areas of work
• To identify own training and development needs and participate in all training courses relevant to PTMWA’s commitment to providing high quality services
• To work at all times with due regard to all the policies and procedures of PTMWA, both operational and non-operational, and participate in their development and amendment where required
• To be mobile and work across all areas of the city as required
• Willingness to work outside normal working hours including evenings and weekends to participate in promotional, fundraising and income generating events, activities and other duties as may be reasonably required by the organisation.
• This job description attempts to cover the main duties of the post but is not intended to provide an exhaustive list of tasks. The post holder is therefore expected to undertake any other reasonable duties within the scope of the role as specified by their line manager.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
• GCSE Maths & English grade A*-C/9-4
• This post has been assessed and confirmed as open to women only under the Equality Act 2010, schedule 9, part 1
• Understanding of, and commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
• Willingness to work flexibly and able to travel to different sites and venues
• Willingness to undertake training and a commitment to continuous personal development
• Able to critically assess own performance and reflect on own practice, making changes where necessary
• Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills
• Experience in creating and maintaining spreadsheets
• An understanding of the voluntary sector
• An ability to prioritise workload and deliver in a timely manner
• An ability to analyse and understand data
• Has a team player approach to their work and relationship with colleagues
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Has an understanding of confidentiality and personal boundaries