The trainee Claims Handler will help to manage claims mainly via the RTA Claims Portal. The incumbent will receive full training for this role, but we would expect strong customer service and organisation skills as standard.
A normal day would include:
• Following initial training you will be expected to handle own case load of claims efficiently and effectively, ensuring these are actioned as appropriate
• Maintain high standards of customer service
• Provide a courteous approach to all customers
• Ensure timely completion of own tasks within department, company, MOJ and FCA guidelines
• Manage the policyholders’ full expectations and ensure that policyholders and brokers are updated throughout the claim
• Handle queries and low-level complaints with support and assistance from senior handlers and team leader
With appropriate guidance, full training, and supervision the Apprentice Handler will develop competencies in the following areas –
• Technical experience in general motor claims handling including FNOL, TP and Recovery as well as PI
• Ability to manage a portfolio of motor PI claims through to final settlement
• Collate information from external parties to establish costs and reduce claims spend where appropriate
• Effective diary management and prioritisation of own portfolio
• Take notification of new claims over the telephone and email
• Assess cover under the policy, the policy benefits and assess liability
• Identify and appoint suppliers to assist the Policy holder
• Ensure work is processed accurately and on time
• Provide administrative support when required
• Awareness of service level agreements for example supplier contracts
• Provide cover for team members and departments as required – e.g., for holiday, absence
• Undertake any other duties and project responsibilities reasonably required
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
• GCSE Maths & English A-C/9-4
• Good timekeeping
• Communicates appropriately and in a pleasant manner
• Actively listens to and follows instructions and queries, asks questions to clarify understanding
• Has an enthusiastic and determined approach to own role
An excellent opportunity for a motivated and ambitious candidate to begin a career within a growing commercial insurance brokerage. Candidates should possess excellent communication skills, a willingness to learn and strong attention to detail.
An exciting opportunity to learn and develop as a Commercial Insurance Broker, working in an environment that allows involvement and training in all aspects of the business.
The role is to provide administrative support to the Barbican Group departments, undertaking a variety of tasks, giving a solid foundation and understanding of what makes up the operations of an insurance company.